maandag 19 augustus 2013

Ride Free! Threadless Design + Making of

So, I made this t-shirt design (whoda thunk?) in collaboration with Daniel Arzola. He came up with the idea, and I made the design.
Here it is.

(it finished scoring with a 3.10, which is a decent score)

Here are the steps I took to make the design:

After Daniel proposed some ideas, I went for the idea I liked most: a few circus bears with hats on, riding around on bikes in the jungle .

I made two sketches, this is the one I used for the final design.


Then I did the lineart, I tried to make it as clean and readable as possible.

After that, I coloured it in, but I limited myself to a few colours. That way it wouldn't end up being too colourful and busy.


Then I did a fast paint (in grayscale) to see how it works with lighting.


I proceeded to work on the grayscale, adding more detail and contrast. 


When it was finished I duplicated the grayscale and set one layer to Overlay and the other to Soft Light.
After adding some details like the background, this is what the final result looks like:


That's it!

Also, if you don't know what to listen to at work, come and join me on Grooveshark, we do a Broadcast every working day and usually I'm the "DJ".




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen